Car Paint Correction
Top-level deep paintwork restoration
The paint correction process requires a lot of skills, experience, special equipment, tools and products. That’s why this type of service has to be performed by professional paint correctors. 5 Star Valeting Services offers top-quality professional paint correctors that can rejuvenate and restore the outward appearance of your vehicle. Paint correction is a long, multistep machine process that not everyone can perform. That’s probably the reason you can’t find this type of service at your local car wash. As a matter of fact, one of the main delinquents for the swirls and scratches onto your car’s surface, are exactly your favorite car washers. The easiest way to tell if your vehicle needs paint correction is to look at your car in direct sunlight. If you notice spider-web-like marks and swirls, that’s one of the first signs that your car desperately needs this service.
Good if you
Car Paint Corrections Prices
The cost for different car sizes
What’s the Process of Paint Correction?
The process evolves the removal of fine scratches, etching, acid rain etching, swirl marks, water spots, bird droppings, buffer trails, or some deep scratches. In order to achieve high-quality results, this process has to be performed by professional paint correctors. Here, at 5 Star Valeting Solutions, we use only professional tools and products. Usually, the paint correction process requires the following steps:
• Inspection of the imperfections and damages: In this step, the paint corrector inspects the vehicle’s exterior surfaces. The corrector measures the paint’s depth, which ensures that there’s enough clearcoat and paint to perform a safe correction.
• wash and decontamination of the vehicle: This step is crucial in paint correction. A special automotive clay bar is needed for this step. It makes sure that your car is absolutely free of any stubborn contaminants and industrial buildup. After this step, the surfaces will be smooth, which will allow the polishing machine to move easily. The washing process ensures that the contaminants won’t become dislodged in the pad of the polishing machine, which otherwise would result an inflict damage onto the surface.
• Wet sanding and compounding: This step isn’t always necessary. It depends mostly on the size of the vehicle and the severity of the damages. It is performed on specific areas, in case of some heavy imperfections, such as orange peel paint, heavy scratches, etc. Compounding is a gentler version of wet sanding. Here, the amount of clear coat left on the paint and the depth of the severity of the imperfections will be taken into account, to determine if compounding is needed.
• Polishing: Usually, it is performed in several stages. It also depends on the type of the clear coat, the severity of the damages, the size of the vehicle, etc. A combination of machine pad and polish are used in this step. After the polishing process, any marring, holograms, light swirling and abrasions from the compounding stage will be removed. Polishing is crucial in paint correction because it adds a protective layer to the car’s paint for months.
• Sealant: The paint correction process usually ends with this final step. The sealant protects your vehicle from the appearance of any further imperfections and damages.
As you can see, the paint correction process is very important for the outward appearance of your vehicle. Not only it will remove the imperfections from your vehicle, but it will also protect it from the appearance of such in the future. This type of service you cannot find at your local car wash. That’s why only professionals, like 5 Star Valeting Solutions, can perform it. If you want to see your vehicle’s initial shine and sparkle once again, book your paint correction appointment today. Feel free to contact us for more information and questions.
frequently asked questions
Our Car Paint Correction Package
It's going to be really hard for us to work on your vehicle if there is any major damage. Please contact us in advance,
In most cases we will shampoo the seats only once and they are be dry 2-3 hours after completion. If the upholstery is in bad condition we need to shampoo it more than 2 times - in this case it may take longer.
You can pay by card or cash after completion.
Our vans are fully-equipped and 100% self-contained, which means we have power and water on board, so we only need enough room to park next to your vehicle.
from 3 to 24 hours