Why Does Your Vehicle Need Paint Correction?
The paint correction process requires a lot of skills, experience, special equipment, tools and products. That’s why this type of service has to be performed by professional paint correctors. 5 Star Valeting Services offers top quality professional paint correctors that can rejuvenate and restore the outward appearance of your vehicle. Paint correction is a long, multistep machine process that not everyone can perform. That’s probably the reason you can’t find this type of service at your local car wash. As a matter of fact, one of the main delinquents for the swirls and scratches onto your car’s surface, are exactly your favorite car washers. The easiest way to tell if your vehicle needs paint correction is to look at your car in direct sunlight. If you notice spider-web like marks and swirls, that’s one of the first signs that your car desperately needs this service.
What’s the Process of Paint Correction?
The process evolves the removal of fine scratches, etching and acid rain etching, swirl marks, water spots, bird droppings, buffer trails, or some deep scratches. In order to achieve high quality results, this process has to be performed by professional paint correctors. Here, at 5 Star Valeting Solutions, we use only professional tools and products. Usually, the paint correction process requires the following steps:
• Inspection of the imperfections and damages: In this step, the paint corrector inspects the vehicle’s exterior surfaces. The corrector measures the paint’s depth, which ensures that there’s enough clearcoat and paint to perform a safe correction.
• Thorough wash and decontamination of the vehicle: This step is crucial in paint correction. A special automotive clay bar is needed for this step. It makes sure that your car is absolutely free of any stubborn contaminants and industrial buildup. After this step, the surfaces will be smooth, which will allow the polishing machine to move easily. The washing process ensures that the contaminants won’t become dislodged in the pad of the polishing machine, which otherwise would result an inflict damage onto the surface.
• Wet sanding and compounding: This step isn’t always necessary. It depends mostly on the size of the vehicle and the severity of the damages. It is performed on specific areas, in case of some heavy imperfections, such as orange peel paint, heavy scratches, etc. Compounding is a gentler version of wet sanding. Here, the amount of clear coat left on the paint and the depth of the severity of the imperfections will be taken into account, to determine if compounding is needed.
• Polishing: Usually, it is performed in several stages. It also depends on the type of the clear coat, the severity of the damages, the size of the vehicle, etc. A combination of machine pad and polish are used in this step. After the polishing process, any marring, holograms, light swirling and abrasions from the compounding stage will be removed. Polishing is crucial in paint correction because it adds a protective layer on the car’s paint for months.
• Sealant: The paint correction process usually ends with this final step. The sealant protects your vehicle from the appearance of any further imperfections and damages.
As you can see, the paint correction process is very important for the outward appearance of your vehicle. Not only it will remove the imperfections from your vehicle, but it will also protect it from the appearance of such in the future. This type of service you cannot find at your local car wash. That’s why only professionals, like 5 Star Valeting Solutions, can perform it. If you want to see your vehicle’s initial shine and sparkle once again, book your paint correction appointment today. Feel free to contact us for more information and questions.
Paint corrections Includes:
- Exterior washed with snow foam
- Door shuts cleaned
- Tar removal
- Clay Baring the vehicle
- Cleaning and dressing of wheels/tires
- Drying with non-scratch micro fiber system
- Cutting compound and wet sanding
- Machine polishing
- Minimizing light scratches, swirls
- Full hand wax
- Menzerna Finish and Sealant
Small vehicle size – from £300
Time-consuming – 8 hours
Medium vehicle size – from £375
Time-consuming – 10 hours
Large vehicle size – from £450
Time-consuming – 14 hours
Guardx – Glaze protection
Lasting time – from 1-5 years from £100
Autoglym HD wax – Paraffined Wax
Lasting time – from 6-24 Months from £50
Williams Synthetic Coating
Lasting time – from 2-5 years from £250
Williams Racing Ceramic Coating
Lasting time – from 3 to 10 years from £350
Williams Racing Ceramic Coating PLUS
Lasting time – from 5 to Lifetime from £500