Service and Complaints Policy
5 Star Valeting Solutions is committed to providing a high-quality service to everyone we deal with. In order to do this, you need to give us any comments about our service and tell us when we get things wrong. We want to help you resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
We treat as a complaint any expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response. We listen to your complaints, treat them seriously, and learn from them so that we can continuously improve our service.
Read our Complaints Policy bellow
Courtesy and respect
You can expect to be treated with courtesy, respect, and fairness at all times. We expect that you will also treat our staff dealing with your complaint with the same courtesy, respect and fairness
We will not tolerate threatening, abusive or unreasonable behavior by any complainant. Such situations are rare, however, should they happen, we will cease communication with the complainant immediately and will inform the appropriate authorities as necessary.
We have our own vans and we also work with subcontractors (depending on your area). We all follow the same policy:
How to make a complaint
If you require a reasonable adjustment because you are a disabled person and unable to contact us in writing, please see the Contacting Us section for details of how you can register your complaint, or discuss your adjustment needs with us.
Payment needs to be made in full a maximum of 30 days after the invoice. If payment is not cleared on time £10 per day late payment charges apply.
Our policy covers complaints about:
- the standard of service you should expect from us
- the behavior of our staff in delivering that service
- the damage was done by our employees (when reported in the specific time frame)
- any action, or lack of action, by our staff or others, engaged in Commission business
We refer to these complaints as “service complaints”.
Our complaints policy does not cover:
- comments about our policies or policy decisions
- dissatisfaction or complaints expressed with our policies or decisions about individual cases, funding, or requests for legal advice and assistance
- any issues or damages that occurred after or the result of the service/job has been done.
- matters that have already been fully investigated through this complaints procedure
- anonymous complaints
We refer to these types of comments or complaints anon-service complaints’. These are handled differently, as set out in the ‘Comments and Non-service complaints’ section on page 12.
Complaints Policy Timescales
- The investigation may take up to 20 working days
- Any quality and standard complaints must be reported no more than 30 days after the service is provided.
- Any damage or loss must be reported immediately or no later than 1 hour after the job is completed.
- Any behavior of our staff in delivering that service complaints must be reported no later than 15 days.
- All customers are advised to remove any belongings from their vehicle prior to the valet service. We will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any belongings left in the vehicle during the valet service.
- In the event that any item is missing after the valet service, the customer must notify us within 24 hours of receiving their vehicle. Failure to do so will result in the claim being invalid.
- We reserve the right to refuse any claim for missing items if the customer has failed to follow our guidelines, including the removal of belongings prior to the valet service.
- We will not be held liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages arising from the use of our valet service.
- Quality or service standards complaint cases will be investigated and the statement will be provided no later than 20 working days. The decision will be provided by email or phone. If the decision is in customer favour 2 options will be provided:
1 Option: We can send our team to complete the work until the customer is not 100% satisfied;
2 Option: Our Company will issue a particular or full refund until 15 working days.
- Damage or loss complaints will be investigated and the statement will be provided no later than 20 working days. The decision will be provided by email or phone. If the decision is in customer favour we will take care of everything.
For vehicles still in warranty or not older than 3 years repairs will be handled by the official dealer. *
For vehicles older than 3 years repairs will be handled by selected by our repair center. *
* Parts or damaged items may NOT be replaced with brand new ones. Subject to car age and availability.
What if my car has damage before the service?
We suggest NOT to clean if there is any significant damage. The best option is to get that repaired before the valet. If there is a small issue like an engine problem(if we clean the engine bay), water leak, broken windshield, peeling lacquer coating, etc. please let our team know in advance so we can be extra careful. Please note that we can NOT take responsibility for any further damage to cars with previous issues.
If you are still dissatisfied
If having followed the two internal stages of our service complaints procedure you remain dissatisfied, you can ask to have your complaint reviewed by the Ombudsman who is independent of the Commission. The Ombudsman will assess whether there is evidence of service failure or maladministration on our part. You have a maximum of 28 days from the date of our final response to register a complaint with the Ombudsman.
All complaints received will be dealt with confidentially and in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, subject to the need to disclose information as required by statutory authorities, and/or as a result of statutory, legal or parliamentary obligations placed on the Commission.